- Students are to arrive at their lessons in good time, in order to start the lessons promptly at the designated times.
- Should a student arrive late, for whatever reason, he/she must first approach the teacher, who will then decide on an appropriate time for the student to join the class.
- No students are allowed in the studio during a different Grade's class times, as this distracts from the lesson in progress.
- Parents are not allowed in the studio during class times. One day per term will be set aside for parents to view classes.
- Students will not be allowed to participate in class if they are not dressed in the prescribed uniform.
- No food or drinks (other than water) are allowed in the studio.
Dancers are polite ladies and gentlemen. They should not lean against the barre or wall; and sitting down, unless directed to do so, is not acceptable. Dancers are in class to work, watch and listen, especially when combinations are being demonstrated. Attention is important. Dancers should never chew gum in class, and rudeness to teachers and peers is unacceptable. Yawning, talking, whispering or having private giggle sessions with friends is considered rude behaviour.
It is good to drink water before and after class. Drinking water between barre exercises or centre exercises is generally not allowed. It is inappropriate to drink water while a teacher is giving corrections or setting a combination. If the teacher allows, students may drink water from a water bottle between barre and moving into the centre.